A medical journal has published a startling new theory about last year's sudden, shocking extinction of the orangutan [see our award-winning video of the last orangutan at this link]. They suggest that the virus responsible was not a new mutation, but a very old one - an ancient virus buried until now in high-latitude permafrost, set free by global warming. The virus may have plagued the ancestors of the modern great apes more than one hundred thousand years ago.
Several important questions remain unanswered, including &$%§& /// ERROR /// more importantly, the study suggests that, based on samples taken from locations around the globe, the &%%$& incubation period may ///
If you liked this article, you may also like:
* How To Really Avoid Heart Attacks
* You Won't Believe What's Living Under This Rock
* Top Ten Amazing Science Facts
* Oscars Nip Slip Explained By Physics (video)
* How To Easily Beat Any Infection (sponsored link)