Dr. Arkady Chernyshevsky was the head of the Archive team responsible for documenting humanity's written history. The Talos Project is cited as his "brainchild" and he was nominated for the Nobel Prize.
Arkady was involved with the Extended Life (EL) and Talos/Soma projects since their conception. He led the Archive team and uploaded his journal (containing more than a hundred entries) to the system before his death. He greatly values being able to take time in a quiet place to think and rest.
The naming of the Talos/Soma project is credited to Arkady. While Alexandra, leader of the EL project, was not initially fond of the name Talos, the name stuck with the team and persisted.
As the leader of the Archive team, Arkady was extremely proud of and invested in the project and its creators. He places a high amount of importance on their mission to avert the elimination of all human history, and this priority highlights his admiration for humanity as a whole. Arkady is known to be confident, intelligent, and pragmatic. His ability to work under pressure is admired by his peers.
However, outside of the intellectual sphere, Arkady is known to care greatly for his team. When his coworker, Nadya Sarabhai, dies, he finds himself unable to work on the Archive due to grief. He gives himself wholly to the pursuit of the completed Talos Project. Arkady claims he would feel guilty for giving up the task before he was completely unable to continue his work.
Although his in-depth spiritual beliefs are unknown, Arkady clearly has some knowledge of religion as he references Genesis 1:26. The passage reads, "Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
- He has a reputation as being both crazy and a visionary, according to Nadya Sarabhai.
- Although his unrelenting dedication to his work and reputation appear intimidating to many, Arkady is known for his kind nature and respect for those working alongside him.
- "Maybe the Archive's first user will be terrestrial after all." - Arkady journal108.txt
- "I know that we are not used to thinking on that scale - not in terms of praxis - but if we truly value humanity, then we must act immediately." - Archive IMPORTANT.eml
- "Too little time to grieve." - Arkady journal84.txt